Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I will never get used to...

Being stood up. It's so hard for me to comprehend the reasons a person stands another up. Especially when you consider that person a friend. No show. No call. Won't answer the phone. Why can't anyone just be honest these days? If you don't want to see someone, say so. If you don't want to talk to them say so. But to be rude and just ignore them. I will never understand it. Maybe it's just me. I dislike being late anywhere. If I can't make it somewhere, I call. I don't make promises I can't keep. If I have to break a promise, I feel a thousand times guilty for not being able to keep it. Maybe this is a flaw in me. I'm too nice. I'm too lenient. I tend to say what's on my mind and hold nothing back with those I care about the most. Fat lot of good it gets me. I am being stood up by one guy, ignored by another, and well, the third, I'm not even going there anymore. What happened to simple curtesy? Simple caring of other's feelings that you might, just might, hurt them if you can't do as you say you will. Or if you don't respond to their missives because they may just want to know you are okay. I think I give up. I will just live alone without all these rude men in my life. I'm tired of being hurt and I've done nothing wrong. Just tired of it.

No comments: