Friday, September 07, 2007

I was thinking today..

Yea, I know. I really shouldn't do that, right?
There are a few people out there that find themselves in a point of their life where they see no options. No way out. No end of the rainbow. During these times it's hard to dig yourself out of the black bottomless hole you find yourself in. Some drink. Some use drugs. Some just try to end it all. For good. I reached an epiphany during a time in my life when all went black. I swore no matter how my life went from then on, it would never end in that black hole again. So far, I've managed to hang on to edge and just scream once in a while. Anyway..before I started rambling, I was thinking about a friend of mine. I haven't told him this. I may not. The reason I like him so much is because he knows the quiet desperation when you reach that point in your life. He KNOWS. He also, like me, dug himself out and has managed to hang on. A connection if you will. Kindred souls both trying to either pretend life is always fabulous or convincing themselves it really is. I just know he makes me laugh and I need that a lot sometimes. A whole lot. I hope he stays my friend for many years to come. He just doesn't know what that laughter means to me. He really doesn't.

No comments: