Thursday, September 02, 2010

I need advice...

A certain daughter is behaving strangely toward me these days. If I try to make an appointment (yes, appointment) to see my Grandbaby, it's like pulling teeth. Either she has an excuse as to why she won't be home or she does not reply to my texts or phone calls. I can't think of a thing I've done to make her mad at me and with the twins coming soon, I'm afraid I won't be able to see them either. Any thoughts about this? I've tried talking to her and all she says is she's been busy. I can't believe she doesn't see my texts because her phone is an extension of her hand but she ignores them. I'm going to see her today and am not sure if I can't hold my tongue about all of this. Give me strength because I don't want to upset her with only a few months for her to deliver. Advice anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...this one is hard. I think the first thing is to figure out if your daughter is harboring any ill-feelings toward you; if something you said earlier offended her; if something you did was not to her liking. A mother-daughter relationship is extremely hard, but can be the best thing in the world. I know! If her heart is open enough, then she will confide in you and let you know what's bothering her. I also think its good for a daughter to know that her mother cares, feels remorse for hurting her, and expresses her (mother) desires to share a life together. Let your daughter know how important it is that you be in her life and the life of your grandchildren; and that you will respect certain boundaries that she might have. Best of luck and I pray that your daughter will be very receptive to your love.