Saturday, August 19, 2006

I saw a quote this morning....

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.-Lou Holtz

I often think, wonder, and dream of which direction my life would go if things had been different or if I let myself be different. A friend emailed me something the other day and it was one of those chain letter things that said, "How to say I love you to a friend". He told me to pass it on to my many friends. I had to write him back and say, "could I just send it back to you?" Too often I find myself in spots like that. I have to admit that my "friends" circle is rather small. I have, maybe, five friends online that I would really call friends. In life, I have work acquaintances. Perhaps I could call them friends too, I guess. I think if I had my life to do over again, I would be more outgoing. More brave. Less of a loner. Problem is, I'm not unhappy being alone. I get lonely sometimes but I'm not unhappy being with just me. On days like today, when my head starts to ache, I'm feeling weepy, and I'm fighting the urge to sign back onto AOL just to look around again..I have to tell myself, "it will pass". This urge to be something I'm not. Someone I'm not. Unless I respond to the urge and see what happens....

No comments: