Monday, May 14, 2007

Maybe I'm just slow...

I've talked a few times to a man from CA and maybe it's just me but I can't figure out what he wants. He's articulate, intelligent, seems nice enough, but he keeps stressing the point that he likes to read to women. Call me cautious or something but I get the feeling he'll eventually ask to call and read to me. There is nothing wrong with that really but it starting to make me feel overly cautious and uncomfortable. There are so many strange men online and it's hard to weed out the nuts from the truly sincere. Why can't some men just have a nice conversation without it being a sexual prelude? Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea. I don't know. It just bothers me. I know I can be touchy about anything sexual. My being celibate is my choice. I have my own issues to deal with on that subject but if I'm feeling uncomfortable, I'm not staying in a situation that makes me that way. It's a shame really because finding someone who is truly intelligent and a joy to talk to online is becoming a rare thing indeed.

I know I'm not the most exciting person around. I work. I raise my daughter. I live my life. That's it. I don't seek out men online. In fact, I won't IM them. I do talk to a few on a regular basis but we've talk about everything but sex. It's an online friendship. They listen when I need to rant, I listen when they need to rant. They ask about my day, I ask about theirs. I never feel uncomfortable talking to them. That list is very small though because it is so hard to find men such as these. Single men whom want nothing from you but your time. Maybe it's just me, as I said. Maybe.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

My feeling is that you're going to have to weed through a lot of men - online or real life - to find that perfect balance for you.

Good luck as perseverance will help, although sometimes I"m sure it seems like you're banging your head against a wall. Just a guess.

SymplyAmused said...

Bang! Bang!