Friday, November 24, 2006

Questions..Questions...

I really don't like being asked what do I do for fun. I truly don't. I don't go out to bars, parties, have friends that come over, or spend money shopping. I read. I take care of my child. I sit out on my front porch, that I love, and contemplate life's mysteries and wonder how I ended up where I am. I take my kidlet to the park and laugh as she tries to teach herself how to swing. She can't quite get the whole legs go up and down part to make her move and seems surprised when it does finally work. I laugh when she sees a dandelion and thinks its a pretty flower that is made just for her to blow on and watching her surprise when they disappear and float away. I don't miss going out to bars. I do miss going out to eat without worrying if she will offend someone because she tells everyone hello and wants to talk to whomever catches her eye. I miss going to a movie without worrying if she's talk and laugh so loud at the screen because she enjoys it so much. I miss...nah, I don't really miss any of that. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You can never have enough laughter. How do I have fun? I be myself...quiet, appreciative, and thankful God chose me to raise a child such as her.

No comments: