Friday, July 07, 2006

I did it and I survived!!

It's done! I'm all moved, settling in, and finally got my cable reconnected today. I still have a few boxes to unpack but can't do that until I have containers to put them in. I bought some plastic drawers from Wally World today to put all my sheets in and it doesn't look too bad. I will buy some more of them for the rest of my odds and ends. I feel so much more at ease here. No need to worry if the washer will back up (bad drains) or if the heater will explode come winter time. This house stays much cooler than my other place did so that will help on electric bills. The child is still in Oklahoma until Sunday. Her sister and I will go and pick her up then. She knows Momma is moving but I think she believes I'm moving without her. She'll be so glad to see me, I know. I can't wait to see her expressions when she sees her new room and, of course, can watch her beloved Smallville DVDs again. Mean old Mom wouldn't let her take them to Oklahoma. It's nice having a porch to sit on, nice trees for shade, and a place that may actually feel like a home. The worst of it is that my vacation is almost over!!! It didn't feel like much of a vacation. I plan to try to sleep in past 6:30 tomorrow morning if at all possible. One last day of peace and relaxation then back to worries and tribulations of being a MOM. : )

No comments: